Saturday 30 July 2011

Saturday Advenutres

 Let's just start this entry out right.
Isn't that gorgeous? Yes. Well, this is how my mother and I spent a little of our time today. Here's another.
Ooooooooo. I like that bridge. So, my mom and I wandered through what is called the Kubota Gardens here in Seattle. It's this fabulous park with a zillion different flowers and paths and ponds and and and.........
I really liked these flowers. I thought they were pretty. Now, technically, I'm not supposed to be around flowers and plants and such, but we were told more specifically that I shouldn't "dig in the dirt", I refrained.
Look at the KOI. Pretty little fishy. Fishy Fishy in the brook, come on baby, bite my hook. This is a fishing song that my papa taught me when I was itty. It's never been really effective though. :) OK, another picture.
Isn't this quaint? I really loved this bridge as well, but walking over it was a challenge. Talk about steep on the way down. Ok, just one more then I'm done with pics, even though I definitely have more. :/
I thought this was a really pretty pathway. You could say that it spoke to me. :)
OK, seriously though, this was a beautiful peaceful place. We are going back. There was plenty we didn't see due to my feet starting to hurt. (Cursed medication). It was a nice afternoon. Although my madre and I almost melted. Now, I'm not saying it's hot in Seattle compared to the rest of the country, but having spent so much time in air-conditioned spaces, just being out in the sun is a challenge. Besides the fact that I'm NOT supposed to spend much time in the sun due to medications again. But we lathered on heaps of sunscreen and braved the sun. When A was here he asked me if I couldn't be in the sun because I would sparkle and people can't see me sparkle. I thought that was funny. :)
Other than the excursion to the gardens the day was a typical Saturday. Chillin' Although I did have a nice steak for the first time today. GO me. I am eating better and more diverse things. I heart that things are improving in that direction.
OK. that's about it from me. Some great wandering and chillin' make for a good day. :) ok, I'm ending with ONE more picture.
Pretty Tree. K. Bye. :)




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pics. They are beautiful!! I sure hope I get to see some of those "speaking" paths. ;)

    ReplyDelete