Monday 25 July 2011

Day 30!!!!!!!

Yesireee! Day 30 post-transplant. How fantastic is that? So. So Fantastic that is. :) Some days it feels like it has been forever and others it feels like it is speeding by. Well, only 70 more to go and I will be able to go home to Boise. Yay for Boise. :) I'm not complaining about Seattle at all. Rather the opposite, the weather!!! I will take this type of weather over what is happening all over the rest of the country. Yes I will. :)
So, today. The usual. Blood draw early followed by a consultation clinic with my doccas. Things are still going well, my numbers are great, etc etc etc etc....... Seriously, same info. :) Things are going well is the long and short of it. :) Not to say that knowing that is insignificant, but I feel bad telling you all the same things over and over.
So, today I am going to answer a question I was just asked. My donor. All I know about my donor at the present time is that she is a 19 year old female. I am not even sure where she is from or anything else about her really. I am glad that I was fortunate to have such a young donor. Having a young donor makes it less likely that there will be diseases or problems with the stem cells. So, that was nice. I do have to say though. I will forever be grateful to this young lady. I'm not sure that I even knew what a bone marrow transplant was when I was 19. Impressive. So, beyond that I don't know anything else. I hear rumor though that a year after the transplant, if desired, we can get our donor information. Ya know, to properly thank her and such. I'm not sure that I will get that info. I dunno. There is of course part of me that wants to thank her profusely. But then there is this part of me that if I were the donor, I would want to remain anonymous. I dunno. I guess I will make that decision later.
Anyhoo.... So, hopefully that answers that question. If not, let me know. :) Now... I am off to bed. It is late.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dani,

    Its Amber. I have been reading your posts on a regular basis and I am so glad to hear that your doing well and everything is improving. You and your family are truly and inspiration to me. I seen in a recent post that you find out what stage the cancer is in on Monday. What did the doctors say? Lance and I have been holding our breath. From reading your posts I'm sure everything is fine and is improving the way it needs to. Thank God. We love you and will continue to pray for you and we will see you in Boise very soon:)

    ReplyDelete