Saturday 16 July 2011

Saturday....

It's nice that no matter what is going on in your life, there is just this feeling about Saturday right? It just feels like the day where nothing HAS to happen. You can just chill and all is well. That is how I felt today on the whole. It was mostly an even-keel uneventful day. Minus about an hour.
There was this one period of time today that I had the bestest opportunity to chat with a few of my favorite people on the face of the earth. It was so nice just to hear their voices and to hear some quick updates on what is up with them. I love my friends. Yes I do.
Other than that.... the day has been both rough and just plain boring. Again, a candid moment. So, now that I have been a month through all this crazy chemo and transplant it's time again for my "cycle". Sorry boys, I gotta talk about it. Come to find out, my body will go through the signs of a cycle without the actual cycle. Cramps, hot flashes, all the good stuff, but no relief. Just my body going through the motions without anything to release. OK, that was very candid, but I was in some major pain today. I tell ya, ladies be grateful for your cycle. I finally got to take some Tylenol and it quieted down. But not till after I threw everything up I had ever eaten. Which of course was like a fruit cup and a jello cup. ugh.
Gentlemen, you can now read on...... Speaking of the food. This is getting ridiculous. Were I ten, I would be in heaven living off of jello, pudding and fruit cups. Really. But I consider myself a type of a "foodie" and boy do I miss food. My stomach churns when I think about food (and not in a good way), but I sure miss food. This mucositis couldn't go away faster.
Last night was fun hanging out with B&B. We played Phase 10 and even though I could only manage about 8 phases before I needed to lie down, I kicked some booty. That's right, Phase 10 Queen! It was Super fabulous just to see those two. They are SO great. Love them. AND they brought me this awesome book called "The Book of Awesome". I'm not kidding. You should all check it out. Thus far I'm loving it. :)
K, well, My momsy and I are off to acquire more pudding and jello cups so I should be off. Love you all heaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment