Saturday 9 July 2011

New Pictures!

It has been a LONG time since yesterday mid-afternoon.  I left the hospital to take the shuttle at 6:30 pm and Dani seemed to want me to stay so I asked if she wanted me to get the car and come back.  She said "Only come back if you want to come back."  So, guess what I did.  I came back.  I arrived back at the hospital about 9:30 pm and by then she had had diarrehea and vomiting at the same time, THREE TIMES!  She was miserable!  I had come back with the intention of staying until she was settled then heading back to the apartment, but that was not to be.  She asked me to stay so I did.  Needless to say, neither of us got much sleep.  She was not running a fever, and about 2 a.m. she discovered that she could swallow and took some medicine by mouth with some ice water.  That should have been cause for celebration, but she felt so badly that we just got a quiet HOORAY. 

Today has not been as bad.  No throwing up and the diarrehea seems to be under control.  In fact she has had two walks, and even rode the stationary bicycle in the hallway!  She also has eaten a small container of jello and had some 7-up.  So we are doing well now.  The nurses have been diligent about bringing in nausea meds every 2 hours.

The doctors came in all excited this morning to tell her how good her numbers were and they felt really badly that she felt so miserable.  So blood numbers are great, there is a chance this was the GVHD that we have been expecting, but they could not be sure because there is usually a skin rash that accompanies it.  They will do a test in the next few days to find out for sure, and if it is GVHD, they will treat her with steroids.

When she felt better this afternoon, we shaved her head again because the hair was falling out, so I am attaching a picture for you all.  I picked out a cute knitted hat for her from the basket of them that volunteers make for the patients so she has that on because her head was cold.




Hopefully tomorrow will be a more pleasant day for Dani.  If she can begin to eat food (food being jello, popsicles, water, etc.)  she will be closer to being released.  She is currently taking a nap, her first in several days.  That's all for now

Bye for now

MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment