Tuesday 26 July 2011

A Mixed Bag Day

Today had some fun times and some more stressful moments. Let's start with the stress and finish out with the fun. :)
So, from the beginning of this fantastic journey I have been very diligent in being in contact with my insurance company to make sure that I make no move or step that they won't pay the maximum for. In my insurance plan I have a Transplant Lodging and Travel Claus. This guaranteed payment of up to $5,000 for lodging while having a transplant. Now, having my transplant up here in Seattle at SCCA was, I checked, having my transplant in-network which means that once my out of pocket and deductible are met they pay 100% for what they pay. So, since my out of pocket and deductible have been met for months already, I never figured there would be any problems with the Lodging and Travel payments. Well, to make a LONG story short, we turned in our receipt for rent here at the Pete Gross House. I hadn't heard anything for a while so I called my insurance today. Turns out they are treating Pete Gross as an out-of-network facility and are therefore only paying a portion of the rent. Ok, What? One, if all of the medical things are happening at an in-network facility and you HAVE to live somewhere in order for those medical things to happen, and they have a transplant clause specifically for the fact that you HAVE to live in another city...blah blah blah.... I hope that made sense, but anyway. Two, I was SERIOUSLY counting on that full refund of rent. I seriously have been calculating EVERYTHING with the sure knowledge that I would get the full amount. Sigh. I guess that what happens when you are dealing with insurance companies. I did argue the point of out-of -network stuff and they are going to call me back in the next couple days. We'll see.
Now away from the stress to the few fun things from today. Well, first, sad, my papa left this morning. But I think it was good. He needed to get back to Pine Top, it misses him when he is gone. :/ 
Now, good things: My mother and I went on a nice walk in our neighborhood. We went and wandered around a very pretty Orthodox church near our apartment. It has the coolest bright blue doors. I loved them. I also had Hydrangeas of EVERY color. Did you know that they grow purple or pink or blue or a mixture of those colors just depending on the chemicals in the soil? Awesome! Apparently they don't grow very well in Boise. Sad, otherwise I would plant some just to see what color I get. :) After the wander to the church, we decided that we are gonna find lots of old churches in the city and try to explore them, they usually have beautiful grounds. So, new goal for the next couple months.
Later in the evening we had to go run some errands so off we went. I wasn't feeling so wonderful so I only went into one store. Of course, though, in the one place I enter, I manage to pick up a box of 90 crayola crayons upside down and they all spilled out. So, I spent a little bit of time refilling a crayola box. Not to mention this all happened right by the store's front doors so all could witness my folly. Good times were had. :)
So, that was my day today. Some stress, followed by stress relievers. All in all a good day. I hope all of you are having nice days lately. I would love to hear from you all. Feel free to email me. I love it. :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE hydrangeas too. If only I could find a place in my yard where they wouldn't die from heat... Good luck with the insurance bit-what a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I am not surprised to see Riki post. =) (only because i planned on posting too. and I want to be like Riki.....Riki hates me.) ;) good times, good times.
    Hydrangeas are my fave flower slash plant. Choose the north side of your house Riki. My aunt has some at her house in Orem (on the ease side of her house...it is the front of the house) and hers are gorgeous! In short, with the right soil and with shade they can grow anywhere. =) They do require attention, but I want some in my yard someday too.

    ReplyDelete