Thursday 28 July 2011

I'm an Aunt!!!!!

Ok, I'm an Aunt for the twentieth time, but it is still SO exciting! :) My sister M had a baby girl this morning. Hallelujah for a girl. We have 14 nephews and now 6 girls so its about time that we were closing that gap a little. Yeesh. My mother once told me that I had to make up the difference. I just laughed. There is NO WAY that I want to raise that many girls. um no. Especially if they are anything like me. Nightmare. So, yay for a little tiny niece. My mother and I went to the used stores today to find a few girl's clothes. My sister has had three boys last, so she has nothing for a little girl. Gotta help out right? :) And who can pass up and afternoon of looking at baby clothes. I mean, let's be honest here.
Speaking of spending the afternoon wandering looking at baby clothes, there has been a new development. So, I have this drug that I take to keep me from getting GVHD. While it certainly seems to be working, it is causing some interesting side effects. My fingertips hurt like the dickens under hot water. So, whether washing my hands (which of course I do all the time) or showering, when warm or hot water mixes with my fingertips, there's pain. weird huh. Well, here's the kicker. Now, the balls of my feet feel pain whenever... wait for it... I walk. Yah, what? It is bearable for a little while, but then I have to sit on my tuckus and wait for the stinging to stop. My doccas gave me some numbing lotion to mix with real lotion, but it's not working so much as of yet. So, to say the least, our adventures out and about today made my feet sting. It was more annoying was anything, but hey.
Let's see, what else. I found out today the results from my bone marrow biopsy and it turns out that all is looking good. Even though my marrow and bone are hard as stone, it seems that the cells are roaming around and doing the things they are supposed to. Awesome. So, according to the docca, my transplant went well and now we are just in recover mode. Gaining back my strength and dealing with my nausea, etc.
Speaking of gaining back strength, sadness to my soul, it is VERY hard for me to sing these days. I have NO breath stamina and no Diaphragm strength. But, give me time and things will be as they ever were. whether that is a good thing or bad, there it is. :)
OK, have we had enough information for the day? Hopefully, cause I'm drained and ready to lie down for a time. Tomorrow will be a nice relaxing day so I'm excited:) Have a good one everyone. :)

1 comment:

  1. Dani.....a mother of 8 girls.....?!?! Stranger things have happened. I could see it. ;)

    ReplyDelete