Thursday 21 July 2011

Quite the active day.... I'm toast

Well, after two days of not much going on, today was FULL. I started it out with a blood draw. I went all by myself. Yay me. Nah, since my father just arrived this morning I thought that I would just let him get settled in and let my mom hang out. It was a quick blood draw and then I walked home from the clinic. A nice brisk walk for the morning. It was nice. It was misting a little, but still really nice after a couple days of not much movement. So, I was only gone for about 20 minutes total for the blood draw. Then immediately, we all decided we needed naps. My father apparently hadn't slept well last night, my mother had to get up somewhat early to get him at the airport and me, well, I'm always up for a nap. Especially after a walk. So, naptime it was.
Our next appointment was at 1:00 for a clinic with my team of doctors and nurses. I just want to say that I heart my team of docs and nurses. I am especially glad that Dr. F stayed my provider from the hospital to the clinic. Apparently that is not a common thing, but I sure am glad things worked out in my favor. I think I have the best team at SCCA possible. You can take that to the bank. :)
So, our clinic meeting went great!!!!!! They lowered me to one bag of IV Fluid again. Apparently I am drinking enough finally. Whew. They say that my counts are still going up, not as quickly as before, but still holding on and doing well. Yay. They were debating about having an Endoscopy done to check for GVHD, but after all the good things I told them I have been eating and drinking and such, they decided not. Whew. An Endoscopy is when they send a tube camera thing down your GI to see if all is well. I hear they are uncomfortable. So, that is a good decision they made. :)
So, once the clinic was over we fled like thieves to go home. We walked home. Again, it was a nice walk and the first time that my father has traveled that little mountain. So, again, once home....naptime. I love this. Naptime is so necessary. Actually I think that my mother started putting a puzzle together. My father and I chose the slacker life. :) This time I napped for a couple hours though. Which isn't normal. I take power naps usually, but this felt good.
Then, we were off to the grocery store. Ok, three stores. To say the least walking from the clinic twice today, then wandering up and down most aisles at three stores, I over did it. I'm ready for another nap, an overnight nap. 
As you can see, an active yet awesome day. I have felt well most of the day. My papa is here. That's pretty much the best thing ever. And tomorrow I get to have another bone marrow biopsy. Wait. I was listing good things wasn't I? Ah well, It might hurt a bit, but it will be a good thing to know what stage my cancer is. Just pray that it is in a better state than it was and I won't have to do this whole thing over again. I'm not quite sure I could handle that. So, tomorrow will be an early morning with and early blood draw and the biopsy at 8. All will be well though. Things have being going so well, that can't stop now. :) I know that all things are in the hands of someone who knows more than I, but I can pray that things just continue on the good road right? Right. :)
So, now I am off to eat again, I know it's way late right? But I must take some pills and food is imperative. Then off to beddy by for that overnight nap. Tomorrow will be another adventure that I will be sure to tell you about. :) Buh By.

No comments:

Post a Comment