Tuesday 2 August 2011

Wow, two days of no blogging, I totally have excuses :)

First excuse. Sunday..... totally forgot. woops. Second excuse. Monday, great fabulous day, but at around 7pm I was struck with a killer head-cake and that wiped all blogging from the task lists. So, I apologize, but hey, Whaddya gonna do? :) You guys still love me right?
Alright, let's begin with Sunday. Standard Sunday except for the glorious fact that I was able to make it through ALL of church. It's only been the first hour for the past couple of weeks, but I was determined this week that we would stay for all three hours and we did. :) I had missed those extra couple hours. I haven't been to a full block of church since mid-June. That's too long in my estimation. So, I was grateful for the opportunity to be there the whole time. It was a good Sunday and I learned a lot. :)
Then came Monday! Monday was fantastic. That is until about 7pm, but I already explained that. :) Monday morning I had a 730 am blood draw so I got up, put on a toque, and went to the clinic glorious pajamas and all. My mom just stayed home. No need to bug her for a blood draw. :)
Then, after I returned we prepared for the day by changing my bandage over my Hickman and hooking me up to my hydration. I settled in for 4 hours strapped to a backpack and the sound of a little pump while my mother ran away to Tacoma to meet my newest niece J and to help M around the house.
Around 1030, my mother's "relief" showed up. B. My bro. I was excited to get a day with my bro, he's great. So, for the first little while he just worked and I chilled on the couch as usually. Then at 145 we had a clinic appointment with the doccas. Off we went to that. I was excited for everyone to meet my bro. I like to show my sibs off when I get those opportunities. :)
Greatest news came from the clinic appointment. As recently normal, all my numbers and blood counts are looking wonderful! Things are going great AND I was allowed to be taken OFF hydration.!!! Woooot!!! No more plugging in for 4 hours a day to get a little saline water and magnesium pumped into me. :) I did have to promise to eat things that were high in magnesium and to continue to drink heaps of water, but that sounded like a deal to me. (Lately I've been drinking a gallon or more of water a day!) I was put on a magnesium supplement twice a day, but hey, I will take that alternative too. :)
After that we met with the Social Worker to see if she could be of any help with this Insurance "Situation". She was very helpful and we are applying for a couple different grants and she is getting a letter from my Attending Physician stating that they are the ones making me live where I live so my insurance she be paying all that they should. In other words, she was very helpful. :)
Once back at the apartment I ate some yummy lunch and B puzzled a bit then it was off yet again. We decided to wander our way to the Whole Foods about 1/2 mile from the apartment. Now, I know that Seattle is not anywhere NEAR as hot as the rest of the country, but yesterday was, I think, the hottest day we have had. The walk to and from Whole Foods was refreshing and a good one, but I think that my headache stemmed from the fact that once back in the apartment I couldn't cool down. We had our A/C running, ceiling fan, the works, but I couldn't cool down and then my head just started pounding! Grrrrr....
Anyway, back at the farm, my brother ate his sandwich he had purchased we chilled and watched netflix. All that excitement until he decided it was time for him to run home to his family. So, off he went, back I went to trying to cool down in the apt (actually got a quick nap in), and then my prodigal mother returned. :) By then I was "in the throws" of head-cake horribleness. We had dinner and then I laid on the couch until I went to bed. That was that.
Today, I had the fantastic pleasure to drive down to Tacoma to visit my sister and her family and meet my new little niece J. Can I just say........ she has more hair than me. Not fair. :) Nah, she is adorable. Of course, cause she's a baby. :) Now, while my mother, J and my sister M are all at a doctors appointment, I am going to lie down on the couch and take a nap. Wow. I promise I'm not lazy, I seriously just get worn out SO fast.
So, I MIGHT write again tonight if anything exciting happens, but if not, we'll try this again tomorrow. :) Luvs.

No comments:

Post a Comment