Sunday 24 July 2011

Funday Sunday

Ah.... Sunday. We all slept in late, we very mozy-ish about getting ready and went to church at 1pm. Again staying only for Sacrament meeting due to not feeling so hot, although, this time it was my father that wasn't feeling well strangely enough, we were home again by 230ish. My father rested while my mother and I immediately changed into comfier clothing. 
By 315, we were off to my brothers house for a nice evening of conversation, food and fun. The trip to his house took us a good 40 minutes and let me tell you. After the car trip yesterday and driving around the island and such, I am done with vehicle trips right about now. I do have to admit that everywhere we have gone has been absolutely gorgeous, but still, I'm done. Thankfully we don't have any car trips planned again soon. :)
At my bro's we had a delicious dinner. He had asked me what I wanted to eat since my eating is so sporadic as to what tastes good. I just said that as long as he had creamy mashed potatoes somehow involved with the meal, I would be happy. Well, it turned out I was happy with all of it. Yummy Chicken Fried Chicken, Creamy Mashed Potatoes and a scrumptious country gravy. Of course I wasn't able to eat all of my portion, but I did eat enough to feel like I had just finished Thanksgiving dinner. I was stuffed. :) After I rested a bit and let my stomach deal with the meal, B and I went upstairs where he demonstrated his FANTASTIC piano skills. He is so silly sometimes. All nervous and such, but really he does a great job. :) 
Post concert, B and I dueled it out at Phase 10 Twist. He schooled me. While we played, the other B cleaned the kitchen, Momsy chilled in a chair and my father fell asleep on the floor. All in all it was like old days at home with the family playing games on a Sunday night. So great. To say the least though and to be a complete broken record every day...... I'm toast. It has been an adventure filled weekend and now we must rest well because I have a blood draw and a clinic tomorrow. I want the doctors to still be VERY impressed with my improvement.
I didn't do the blog post Bone Marrow Biopsy, but I just wanted to reassure that all is well. I am feeling great and can BARELY feel the incision anymore. One thing though about the actual procedure....Not sure my mother mentioned this. There was one point that I was feeling a little pain because the Tech had to drill REALLY deep into my bone in order to get any. So, in order to distract myself from the fact that my right leg felt like someone was drilling into it, oh wait, they were, anyhoooo, in order to distract, I started singing I'm a Little Teapot. Yes, I did and let me tell you, it totally worked. You should try it some time when you are either in pain or feeling anxious, sing I'm a Little Teapot. Amazing. I guess it DID help that the other Tech in the room did the actions where I could see him. That helped yes. :)
So, I'm feeling well, just a little tired, things are going great other than in the financial section of life, but when IS that going well. Things will be as they will be eh? I am so grateful for the help and love that I receive from all of you and my other friends and family. There is no way that things would be going as well as they are without that. You are all wunnerful. :) Luvs and Hugs and Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment