Sunday 17 July 2011

Sundays are great. :) Really

This Sunday was quite a good one. Lovely even. I only threw up once. :) Bonus! Sorry, gotta give the details I've been told.
Today was nice. Woke up bright and early, showered, hooked up to my IV Fluids for 5 hours, yum, then ran away to church. This was the first time I stepped foot in a church building for a month or better and it was wonderful. The Bishop remembered me and said I was looking good, me in my "do rag". However, I could only handle it for about 45 minutes and I had to come home and lie down. It's amazing to me what wears me out these days. Granted I was very sleeepy due to some medication I had taken right before going to church, but still, just sitting up in a chair for an extended period of time wears me out.
Let me tell you, I am Dani Coles, ever going ever doing girly. One of the most frustrating things about this whole process is the weakness. Two types, literal, I can't open my drinkable yogurt bottles. Shaming. Second type, also literal I guess, but 15-20 minutes of LIGHT activity, like moving, tuckers me right out and I have to either lie down or go for full nap mode. So, I actually say that 45 minutes of church was a triumph! Go me. They tell me though that I will eventually be able to keep up with my old self..... Just give it 3 YEARS or so. No really...
Now, I'm not really complaining, ok maybe a little, I'm just saying, that mentally, it's still me and I feel HORRIBLE that I have to ask my doting mother to open a yogurt bottle. I feel bad that she needs to be pausing her life at all to hang out with her 32 year old daughter that should be able to and has been able to for YEARS, take care of herself. But small tasks like picking things up off the floor. Preparing a can of soup, sneezing. Make me tired. Ugh. Enough on that subject.
Sunday's are also good for puzzles. My mother and I are working on a mystery puzzle. One that has a mystery in it that you have to solve. Difficult, but fun. (Again, I personally only worked on the puzzle for about 20 minutes before I had to lie down, but I have all intentions of returning.) 
I have also, FINALLY, been getting to thank you notes. I have been such a slacker in this area. So many people have contributed and helped out that ya'll need to know how I feel about that. Especially now that I have been here a bit and realize how truly expensive everything is. Not just Seattle itself, but just how much my insurance does and doesn't pay. Makes one stress sometimes, so I try not to think to long and hard about that part. It makes me need a nap. (yet another thing) :) But hopefully, I have everyone's mailing addresses so I can send you a thank you. It is SO important.
So, other than naps and weakness realization, today has been great. Very peaceful. As Sunday's should be. Got to have a great conversation with the fabulous T. Always nice to chat with him. He brings a certain calmness everytime I talk to him. He probably doesn't know that, but it's true.
So, now, It's time to take another NAP. well, here in about an hour it'll be a LONG overnight nap. So, I thank you all again for your love and support and we will see you on the flipside. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment