Friday 1 July 2011

Friday - Day 6

We are on day six since Dani's transplant, and guess what arrived today?  Yep, mucositis is here.  Her throat is sore and it hurts to swallow, I don't know just how badly, but she doen't want to take pills, and she says ice hurts too.  The doctors checked her throat and told her she will be getting what they call a PCA.  It's a button she can push for on-demand pain reliever.  She is looking forward to that.  Vic says it's a great invention.  Her just older sister says it makes you feel some better just to be able to push the button.  I hope so!


One really neat thing happened today.  The volunteers came in and brought quilts for the patients.  Dani chose one that is shades of greens and purples.  I am going to attach a picture of it today, now that I know how to do that. It was made by the Stone Soup Quilt ministries, a group of the Friends (Quakers) church.  It is lap quilt size and absolutely beautiful.  It's wonderful to know there are so many people out there who try to cheer others.

Speaking of that, more cards came today and I got one in the mail to take to her tomorrow.  Thanks so much for sending them.  They make her happy when she sees them on the wall at the foot of the bed.
We did puzzles from a book someone sent today, and she made an origami swan with the origami kit. She is very, very tired, but still doing her walks and her spirits are okay, but her body is pretty miserable.

I was able to donate blood today.  The Puget Sound Blood Bank was having a drive here at the hospital, and I went down and gave them a pint of my O Negative.  I figure if Dani is getting transfusions every day it's the least I can do. 

We are doing well here, beautiful weather, sunshine and mid 70's.  Are you all jealous?  Well, I'll go for now Bye for now

MOM


1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful quilt! And not an easy one. What love! And you deserve it too! Hope you throat feels better soon. just remember.....say 8!

    ReplyDelete