Thursday 9 June 2011

Yes yes, I skipped two days.

We are gonna blame it on the fact that my mom isn't here yet to write for me. :) Just kidding. Really, the truth is, Tuesday yes, I would have had her write cause I felt awful. I was put on new medications on Monday and they make me uber queasy. After my appointments, I couldn't focus on anything let alone type so I had to just go to be at like 3pm. No joke. It was actually kinda nice. Then yesterday I was just SO tired, I fell asleep and completely forgot. Sorry.
So, Tuesday. Like I said, pretty blah day. I only had two appointments thank goodness. One class on nutrition and food safety post transplant. Wow. Can I just say there are so many restrictions. Pretty much any deli is completely out of the question, so no Subway or Blimpie. Tears. Actually, for that matter, basically eating out is so difficult because of what you can and can't eat, ya might as well just stay home. That's ok though cause I'm uber broke so no going out anyway. :) After the food safety class there was another class about managing care at home. Mostly about the care giver's responsibility. My mother will be my caregiver as most of you know, but I told her last night on the phone that I officially feel bad that I'm putting her through this. There is SO much more to it than I think either of us thought. Then, as stated, I went home and slept. The End. :)
Yesterday was a different day altogether. Start out the morning with a bright and early blood draw. A fasting blood draw. Ugh. Those are the worst. I am always STARVING right when I wake up, so not eating was a rough one for me. But, thankfully they scheduled it bright and early in the morning so it wasn't TOO horrible. One thing that was both good and bad was the fact that they schedule my appointments a little spaced out. It was good so I could go home and eat meals between appointments, but bad because it just made the day that much longer. :/
So, after my blood draw and a trip home for breakfast I had to run back to the clinic for an Ultrasound. such good times. All my organs are still there. :) Whew. :) I do have to say though, I love the fact that they heat the jelly stuff that they put on your belly. So much better then COLD jelly on the belly. hee hee I totally didn't MEAN to make that rhyme, but that's fantastic. After the ultrasound, another excursion home for a couple hours to have lunch and chill a bit. Then back to the clinic. I finished my day out with three back to back appointments. One of those being a meeting with my Pharmacist. Ok, now, there are SO many kinda freaky drugs that I will be taking. It's so interesting to me that they give you a med, then they have to give you four more just to counteract the side effects of the first drug. Yah, whatever. :) Another appointments was just a consultation with the attending physician which was just a nice chat, but at the very end of it, I'm informed that they have to take some cultures. OK, stick a swab up my nose, maybe in my mouth.  Yes, well, I got the nose one right. But there were two. The other, and I'm being excruciatingly candid right now. The other, a renal swab. No, I'm not kidding. I think it was just a precursor to the last appointment I had. The last appointment was a gynecological exam. Really? All in one day? I felt uber invaded. It didn't help that they told me that there would be more of the like as this process went on. Right after transplant, throughout the months that I will be here and right before I am released to go back to Boise. Seriously??? I was feeling all confident and calm, not so much after that. :) just kidding, they are just trying to make sure that I'm healthy and come through this healthy. I get that, but yeesh. :/ Sorry guys if those last few lines made you uncomfortable, but hey, I'm all in on letting people know what's going on. :) So, after severe awkward, all meetings were over. Yay.
So, home I went and stayed. I don't have any more appointments until Monday when we have my results meeting. Oh, wait, I forgot. I did get my results back from my bone marrow biopsy I had last Friday. Yep, I still have cancer. Schucks. I asked the doctor that and she gave me a look like I was a crazy person then asked, "Did you think that it just disappeared on its own?" I answered that there was no harm in hoping and wishing for that right? She still just looked at me like I was crazy. Ah well. I guess they have figured me out. :)
Anyhooooo... so, today I think I will make some chocolate chip cookies. Yum. That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I don't think you are crazy. I think crazier thing have happened. Miracles never cease, right? Right. Oh well, I guess you do have to go through it all still. Sorry Dani.

    Ps, Dani, I am off thinking it will be a janitor....maybe rich with a sail boat. =)

    ReplyDelete