Thursday 30 June 2011

Wednesday - weakday walkday

Wednesday morning started pretty rough.Nausea and cramps were early risers and made Dani pretty miserable. But by mid-morning she was some better and we took four walks during the day. Her blood counts are going down and she was given a blood transfusion today. Things are going according to plan apparently. The doctors seem satisfied.


I am glad I have my car here, I have been able to get where I need to go and back again, without getting lost. The freeways really help. We have both enjoyed the weather here. It has been in the 70's most days and has only rained at night. I talk to people in Boise and it has been really HOT there. Upper 90's.


It is really lovely here, with all the waterways and everything being so green.I've enjoyed the scenery doing what driving I have done. We have great views from both our apartment windows and from Dani's hospital window.


I am going to attempt to add the photos I took on the night of transplant. Here goes:




The first picture is of the nurse showing Dani the stem cell bag, then Dani hooked to the cells, all the IV bags they are using to medicate and give her nutrition, and our night nurse the night Dani received her transplant. Dani's hair is already growing out some, we don't know if she will loose it more or not, there are mostly bald people on our floor. We will see. We will be sure to post photos if that happens!


I'm going for now. More later


Bye for now


MOM



2 comments: