Thursday 16 June 2011

The beginning of some major fun. No really.

So, tomorrow it begins. For real. Yes, I've been here for a couple weeks, but it all really starts tomorrow. No turning back. Dunh Dunh Dunh. Doesn't that sound fun? Yes. :) So, as said before and you may have guessed, my chemo starts tomorrow morning at 730. The next four days will be a continuous series of 1. anti-nausea drugs, 2. chemo, 3. blood test, 4. blood test, 5. blood test, 6. blood test, 7. blood test rinse and repeat from anti-nausea drug. I'm not kidding about the amount of blood tests. I take chemo and have a blood test every hour for half a day. At least now I have the Central Line and won't have to be poked every time. That is a nice thing. :) Tonight I started some lovely anti-seizure medication. We are heaping it on to start this thing out right. Three sets of four pills to get the medication nice and stacked in my system. 
Today was kind of a nice day. We just chilled until we went to out "Chemo Teach". At the chemo class we were given about 70 new pills that I get to start taking. A pill to prevent Pneumonia, one to prevent herpes (nice), one to prevent fungal infections, one for pain, a vitamin supplement (phew,, wouldn't want to be low on vitamins.. nope), one to prevent liver toxicity, one to control my menstrual cycle (I'm sure you all wanted to know that), a Vitamin D supplement (I blame that on Idaho), one to prevent tumor lysis syndrome (whatever that is, but hey, let's prevent it), of course the one that prevents seizures, one that prevents nausea/vomiting and of course the chemo. Then, just as a added bonus, I was given no less than THREE additional drugs that prevent or help with nausea. They REALLY don't want me to throw up. Which I totally understand. I'm sure my mom doesn't want that either. The deal is, if I decide to release my stomach of it's contents, my poor dear mother would have to stir around in the stuff to make sure I didn't throw up any whole pills. Now, I wouldn't wish that on anyone, so hey, any hint of nausea and in go the drugs. Yupper.
So, once we returned home our brains full of info and hands full of pill bottles, I immediately went to my pill box. Ya know, one of those containers that has Mon-Sun on it with morn, afternoon, eve and night on it to keep all the pill intake straight? Besides the fact that mine is the size of a small African Country, I love it. :) I love being all organized and putting all the pills into their respective slots. I mean, this is how I entertain myself. Don't you all want to grow up to be like me? 
On that note........ Now, I am gonna go to bed and get some rest because I have a feeling the next few days will be long and interesting. But never fear, either me or my mumsy will be happily typing to inform of all antics and happenings. Just one more thing before I run away. A quote, I LOVE quotes. "A beginning is only the start of a journey to another beginning". I'm excited to "begin" tomorrow on the path to another beginning. One that could potentially contain many exciting and new things. I mean who knows, maybe my aversion to eggs will no longer exist. Or not. But, in truth, tomorrow is the beginning of a new....... a new something for me. A new ANYTHING really. I will hopefully be cured and healthy. I know it will take time, but just the thought of no longer being in pain after 12 years or more is so flabbergasting to me I can hardly imagine it. I literally can't remember what it feels like to NOT hurt or feel blah. I have gotten SO used to feeling that way that it was normal. But hey, tomorrow starts that long but great path to my new normal. Sweet Hallelujah. :) I'm stoked. So, I hope all of you all are well and know how much I love and appreciate you and your support. I feel like the MOST loved person in the world with friends and family such as you all. Thank you. That's it, I've been mushy squishy for long enough. Go eat some oreos in my honor. Hearts.

2 comments:

  1. I love you! You are amazing, and hilarious, and brave. Seriously, can I grow up to be like you? Well, except for the egg thing, I love me some french toast!! We are praying for you constantly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, normal is as normal does....not sure what that means, but it is a quote and it worked for Forrest Gump. ;) You are in my thoughts and prayers constantly too. And your parentals! Wish I could be there to help you or just hang and entertain you. (Darn this work thing!!)

    ReplyDelete