Monday 13 June 2011

Tomorrow is the beginning. :) Woot.

Yup. Tomorrow starts a great adventure. We are off to the clinic first thing in the morning to have a Hickman Catheter "installed". Ha ha... Yup, installed. To be honest, this surgery tomorrow is the ONLY thing in this whole process that has me worried. I don't even know why, but there it is. I THINK it might be as simple as they actually have to cut me open. It could also be the "conscious sedation" situation. They say that I will not be able to remember much, at least that is how it normally goes, but just the fact that you are awakeish and can talk during the procedure. Then the doc cracks a joke about it being a truth serum as well and I will have no control over what I say. My mother thought that might be fun. Um, no.
 Speaking of my mother, she arrived today. Woooohooo. I feel bad that she just has to dive in right when things are gonna get crazy!! But I'm pretty sure that she can handle it. :)
Today was a pretty chill day. I had a blood draw then came back to greet my madre. Then we returned for a meeting with my docs to go over all the tests that I went through the last two weeks. Apparently I am an extremely healthy person. Minus the cancer of course. But I am in optimum condition to have a transplant. Things will go well. Since that meeting we have just been chillin' at the homestead and getting my mums settled. :) She brought me cupcakes. Wasn't that the best things ever? :)
Anyhoo... I need to go to bed to have heaps o' sleep before the slicing tomorrow. So, adios and I will fill you in on my fun filled weekend latas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment