Monday 27 June 2011

Honeymoon?

Dani says the doctors LIED!  This is certainly no "Honeymoon", or a "getaway", or a "vacation", or even a "pleasant interlude"! Today was rough.  Neausea, and now diahhrea and cramps.  Great!  And with bigger and better things to come, we can certainly plan on an exciting next few days. 

The doctors and nurses are all working really hard to keep Dani comfortable, but this process is a difficult one.  We were aware of that going in, and a few weeks of even abject misery will be well worth it in the long run. The medicines that have to be used do their job but have unpleasant side effects.  So be it.

Oh, I forgot to include the apartment number in the address yesterday, so I will try to do it right this time.
525 Minor Ave. N, Apt 601, Seattle, WA 98109.  Sorry about that.  We have been doing some puzzles.  Mostly laddergrams, we can do those together and we both enjoy them.  Wish there was a puzzle book with just that type of puzzle in it.  If anyone knows of that, or a website that is easy to use for that type of word puzzle, please let us know. 

Tomorrow most of the day Dani will be on her own with her nurses and doctors.  I have to attend classes at SCCA on Food Safety and Care at Home. I will go to the hospital later in the afternoon after I get all "educated".  Having little or no immune system makes for some interesting considerations when it comes to food preparation.  But I will go learn and make sure we can feed our girl when the time comes that she is ready to really eat again.  Right now that's not the case.  She has lost 12 pounds this past week.  She is okay with the liquid nutrition and the IV hydration, but food just won't stay down.  She says the first thing she wants when she has her appetitie back is .....Wait for it.....You guessed it..... A CUPCAKE!  A giant one!

I found my cord so I put the pictures I took the other day on the computer, and I will attempt to add a few when I learn how.  I will have to talk to Dani tomorrow and I'll add them then.

Bye for now

MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment