Monday 6 June 2011

Best Monday ever.. :)

It's true. This was a great Monday. Even though the morning started out feeling like any other Monday even with the lack of going to work, it turned out to be so fantastic. :) Of course we began the day with the visiting of the SCCA Clinic. I started my week out with a dental exam. Hence why it still felt like a Monday. :) But all in all it went well, the Dentist here said that I am cleared to have a transplant. Whew. There was one FANTASTIC part of the dental exam. When they lit up the x-ray that they had taken last Friday, I totally looked like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle! I almost took a picture of the x-ray cause it was so cool, but I thought the Hygienist might think I'm a crazy person and we can't have them figure that one out yet. But, hey, I got to see what I would look like as DANItello the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. Fab. Then I picked up my new prescriptions. Woot, yay for new drugs???? whatev. I guess I had better get used to taking a brazillion pills a day. (And yes, I meant to type Brazillion). After that I had a very interesting appointment with my Social Worker. She was very impressed with my attitude. Yay me. :)
Following said triumph I had one small vial o' blood removed from me and even had the opportunity to share the whole water in a jug keeps cats away theory. How often does THAT subject come up. It was classic. :) Then I met with a nurse who explained all about my Hickman Central Line and gave me a thermometer so I can practice checking my temperature before it becomes uber important. I'm kinda excited. It's a new toy. Now, just watch, I will probably start checking my temp like every three minutes and telling everyone who I see. Like when a child gets their first watch. You NEVER have to wonder what time it is. :)
Then last but not least of the clinic was a quick survey about how I feel and what's going on with me. Easy Peasy Mac and Cheesy. :) Upon completion I promptly returned home and took a well deserved nap. Besides, I had evening plans and needed to stock up on energy.
Now, the evening was what made this day amazing! Yesterday I went to church right??? Well, come to find out, this ward that I am going to is a mixed ward that has both families and singles. Yay for fun! So, I quickly met a group of about 20 30-somethings. Fun stuff. All nice people. So, tonight, we all went down to the beach at the sound and had a bonfire will hotty dogs and s'mores. What fun! One, it was gorgeous. Two, so are some of the fellas! Ha ha.... no really. It is SUCH a fun group of people and all really nice and welcoming. I had a ball!!!! Now, besides the great people, the view!!!!!! My goodness!!! Here are two pics, but let's be honest, there's nothing like the real thing.
There were a million sailboats when we first got there and wow did I want to join in on THAT fun. Then as the evening went on, the sky got more gorgeous with the sun setting. Wow, I sat down on the sand and just stared at the water and the waves... It was breathtaking. So, ending this day with great new friends, a beautiful place and a wonderful sunset. Totally perfect day. :) So, come visit me sometime and we will go fly kites on the beach. That's sounds way fun. :)

3 comments:

  1. Loving this! Especially the part about the cute fellas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you leave us all chomping at the bit when you say "cute fellas!" I agree with the doc... you do have an AMAZING attitude! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my way!!! And yes your attitude is 'RAD' and I am real sad you didn't take a pic of your Ninja Turtle-ness. You are so punny!!! Ps, when I come...I want to go on a sail boat too. =)

    ReplyDelete