Monday 20 June 2011

Into the the Woods to Slay the Giant!

 Or rather, into the HOSPITAL to slay giant. Although quoting Sondheim is so much better. :} Now, I'm gonna make this a very short entry due to the fact that I am REALLY tired and I REALLY don't feel well. Today was a pretty low key day other than low and behold, my doc told me I was much too dehydrated, so they hooked me up to a Saline drip for three hours. After that I did feel MUCH better than expected and we shuffled on home to do nothing. That lasted a couple hours. Then I was a little dizzy and nauseated again. I'm beginning to see a pattern here, one that is spinning and spinning.......
But, to the important news. Hospital tomorrow. We have to be there at 8 sharp. Then my sweet mother will be free of me!!!!! She has been eyeing the bedroom in our one room apartment.... jk. So, hospital will be an all new experience that will enjoy together. But as for now, I need to sleep. Night.

2 comments:

  1. Mom, I don't think you should have just been "eyeing" the bedroom. You should have started moving Dani out. After all she is making you work extra hard, what with all the spinning and nausea. Just Kidding!!

    Love ya Dan!

    (ps, hope you don't mind the extra comments...this is how we are communicating as of late. ;P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am re-reading "The Hiding Place" by Corrie ten Boom, and not that you are holocaust survivors, but it made me think of you guys. Corrie was telling of how, when she was little, her father would wait until right before they got on the train to give her a ticket. Later, when explaining trials he told her, "Our wise Father in Heaven knows when we are going to need things, too. Don't run out ahead of him. When the time comes that some of us will have to [suffer], you will look into your heart and find the strength you need-just in time."
    Your strength and beauty in the face of all this is an inspiration to me and I love you!

    ReplyDelete