Tuesday 28 June 2011

I'm giving my momsy a break.... well deserved.

I'm doing this a little early in the day I know, but I am feeling pretty ok right at the moment so I thought I would take advantage of that. I had a very rough night last night. Major abdominal cramping that would come on full blown "on the scale of 1 - 10 10!" then get pushed down by some hefty drugs, then rear it's ugly head again. There was one point I was slightly concerned my appendix was freaking out. Can you imagine me having to have my appendix dealt with in the middle of all this. Luckily that is not the case :) So, after the last bout of agony, I was able to fall asleep and actually rest a little, Well, if you consider resting being bugged every 2-3 hours to be given pills or have vitals taken. But still, I DID  actually get some sleep. :)
So, upon waking this morning i felt like I have been beaten up a few times over, but all in all pretty good. I was surprised with an early visit from the PCP Dr. F, who ended staying and chatting about stuff for a good 45 minutes. He's nice. Always very upbeat about this process and encouraging. He was telling me all about the movie he went and saw last night , Sicko? one of those documentary type movies by Michael Moore I think? Dr. F. found it intriguing because where he is from, they have social medicine and watching that movie from that point of view was interesting. Anyhooo... so, we had a long chat about that movie. Random, but  hey, anything to take my mind off the real situation right. He did explain to me that even if things go really really well from here on out, I will most likely be in the hospital for another 2 weeks or a bit more. Ugh. I can't imagine... but ah well, as long as I am on the road to recovery, so be it.
Anyhooo, Since this is an early in the day blab, I don't have much to report, other than I have eaten a saltine cracker, taken a shower, and now typed... and I am WORN out. I need a nap. How sad is that? I wanted to thank you all again for your well wishes and kind words. I know that my mother and I both appreciate them. Isn't my mom doing fab on the blabs. She's the best. Wouldn't have had anyone else here with me to go through this. So, be good to you all and remember that I love you all and miss you all. Hopefully in a few weeks  I will be outpatient again and will be able to see some of you..... K, Buh Bye.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dan! I am wishuing I could take some pain away from you. And I wish I could give words of comfort, but I got nothin. Except that you are a rock star! Your attitude will help you pull through. I love that you can always see some positive in the situation or humor. That will help the weeks go by. Love ya! Prayers are being said on your behalf! (k, done being gushy for the moment.)

    ReplyDelete