Friday 24 June 2011

Day of Rest (really this time!)

Well today was a lot more restful than yesterday.  Nausea is still on the forefront, but maybe a little less.  They have begun around the clock anti-nausea medicine, so that helps some.  When the nurses come and take her vitals (blood pressure, temperature, etc.) they say her numbers are great, so she is doing well, just very tired.  We took two walks (around the hallway) today, and after I left this afternoon, she took one on her own.  I know she missed me though.  But, now, I am back at the hospital.  I left this afternoon and took the shuttle back to the apartment, had dinner, then brought my car back for our "sleep over"  It is now 7:50 and I'm afraid Dani is already into "sleep" mode.  Oh, well, so much for popcorn and late movies.

When the transplant starts, it will simply be done by IV, so Dani may sleep through the whole thing, but a nurse will be here to monitor all the time.  So, I may sleep some too, I just really want to be here, this is a BIG thing.  One of my shuttle-riding friends told me that when her daughter had her transplant last Saturday, the nurses all made a card to wish her a NEW happy birthday.  I don't know if I mentioned it here before, but we have found out that Dani's blood type will change to O Positive when she grafts and begins making her own blood again.  She has been B Negative until now,so maybe her outlook will change! (Ha, Ha!)

These days are not too full of news, things on the homefront are good, my husband is healing well.  He shaved for the first time yesterday.  The doctor told him on Monday that his skin was healed enough to do that, but he said he just hadn't had the nerve.  But he took it slow and it was all fine.  I am grateful for all the help he has had over the last few days.  When I talked to him today, he sounded really chipper.  I don't think he misses me at all.  But then, why would he miss my nagging and endless honey-do lists.

My plan is to attend church this Sunday, but we'll wait and see how our patient feels.  I may stay here instead.  Family first, always.  Hope all is well with all of you followers, thanks for your support.

Bye for now,

MOM

1 comment:

  1. I shudder to think of how positive Dani will be with "O" so "Positive" blood. I think I may need the nausea medicine. ;) I am glad dad is doing well too. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete