Wednesday 24 August 2011

Another A day..... A+ if I do say so myself :)

A day equals A was here. Just in case you were wondering. Ah, A, how we adore him. He had to come up to Seattle for the day again so we got to hang out a bit. Guess what we spent the majority of our time together doing..... finishing a puzzle. Aren't we the most exciting people in the world? Hey, puzzles are great and A is so stinkin' skilled. Seriously, if they made puzzling an Olympic Sport, A would win Gold.
Alrighty, so A was here and we had a calm day. I did have one appointment in the middle of the day that kinda put a wrench in doing anything MORE exciting than a puzzle and poor A had to hang out in the lobby with my mom during this appointment. :) jk. I didn't think that he wanted to come to a Gynecological consultation. Nope, probably not. I didn't even tell him what the appointment was, just that I had one and I would be out shortly. It wasn't a biggie. All the doc and I did was sit and chat about the fact that for two months now, nuthin'. I wanted to make sure that was normal and that hot flashes were normal and that cramps without any actual cycle was normal, ya know. Apparently yes.
The Busulfan I took, one of my chemos, basically ruined whatever it is in my body that creates Estrogen. So, in order to regulate the Estrogen, which would take away all these crazy side effect, apparently, she is recommending that I go on a low dose BC pill. Basically for the rest of my life. Well, unless I'm trying to get pregnant, which we don't even know if that is possible, or if I'm producing eggs anymore or even if I have eggs, they may not be healthy enough to be fertilized. Pretty much they tell everyone that goes through this process that they WON'T have children of their own, but I say two things: If I am meant to have children I will; and if I can't I will take H's advice and adopt a brood of ethnic children. :) Wow, fellas reading this, was that too much info? Sorry. I'm sure you will recover. So, I will be starting BC pills supposedly this weekend and I should start feeling more like myself at 32 not some menopausal age. :)
Now, I have a couple silly stories. Well, one is an anecdote for Optimism and one is a true life Dani-is-a-dork story. Anecdote first. A cancer patient wakes up one morning with only three hairs on her head. She says, "Excellent, I will make a braid." The next morning she wakes up with only two hairs on her head ans says, "Excellent, I will have piggy tales." The next morning she wakes up with only one hair left on her head and she says, "Wonderful, I will have a ponytail." Now, the next morning she wakes to find she has no hair on her head. She exclaims, "Excellent, I don't have to do my hair any more!" Pure Optimism. :) Love it. That story was told to me by Dr. F here at SCCA, which I am literally tearful to say that he is transferring to another team of doctors next week. My clinic with him tomorrow will be the last one. That makes me really sad. F was there on my hospital team and then when he transferred over to the Clinic it worked out that when I got out of the Hospital he was my doc at the clinic as well. It will be very different without him to harrass and be harrassed by. We are about the same age and have very similar senses of humor and it just has made this whole process better knowing that F is there and on my team and on my side... So, I'm a little bummed about the change in the line up, but hey, I will deal I guess. :) I need a little optimism. I got it, he is kinda like an annoying younger brother sometimes, now I won't have to deal with that. Just kidding.
OK, Dani story for the day. I love this story both because A was witness to it and because I really love making fun of myself. Hours of enjoyment. Today, A and I were riding up in the elevator and chatting. We got in, pushed 6 (which is the floor upon which I live) and resumed chatting. The elevator stopped, door opened. We knew my mom was already in the apartment so we just went around the corner and opened the door. As soon as I open the door I see a big number next to the "201" and the people sitting in the living room and realized that I sure wasn't on the 6th floor. Ha ha... Classic. I don't think they saw us or heard us, but we quietly shut the door and beat it to the elevator just in case. The rest of the day whenever we got in the elevator, A would try pushing 2 first, just in case........ rude. It was certainly awkward but hilarious. Loved it. Made my day a little brighter. :) Really, I'm a ding-dong. Don't you think that I would have realized the ride up from the 1st floor to the 6th floor sure was fast and had a lack of dings. oy vey. Ah well, this is who I am and I'm proud to be me. :)
Anyhooo... That's about it for me and around here. Weather has be AWESOME. Sorry for all of you that are roasting to death. Mid 70s to low 80s the whole time we've been here. And yes, I'm gloating a little. :) jk. I really hope that all of you are doing well and that I will get to see you all soon. Just about a month and a bit and I get to come home. Hopefully. That's OUR plan at least. :) I am continually grateful for all the support and well wishes that I have received and am still receiving. You are all wonderful beautiful people. Love you all and I write again soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment