Friday 19 August 2011

Woops......

So, when I mentioned that I wasn't going to write every day, I certainly didn't intend to go almost a whole week without blabbing. My bad. So, I better get to updating... :)
Let's just start at the beginning... a very good place to start... (Please tell me at least a few of you sang those last couple lines, please. Cause I sure did.) Monday. Actually Monday was one of those days where I didn't feel so hot so we just chilled at the apartment. Watched some television and movies.. yah know, pure excitement. :) As a matter of fact, to harp further on the breaking away from Morphine thing from the last blab, it is SO HARD. I feel blah most days, but hopefully I will be through it soon and things will get back to whatever kind of normal they were before. :) That would be sweet! So, that was Monday...blah.
Tuesday was fun. We went over to my brother's house and I helped him get ready to play at his brother in laws' wedding. So, my brother is a very talented guy, but he has this much confidence when it comes to his piano/organ playing capabilities. This much. He has been practicing for a while now, but there are like a billion songs that he was asked to play, seriously, and about half of them someone was also singing. Now, this wedding is in Michigan and he was going to have a total of one day before the wedding to work through these pieces with the singer. Now, for those of you who accompany, you can probably feel my brother's pain. So, we went over to his place so I could read through those songs with him so he felt like he got a little more practice in. I think he is silly though. He is so talented that I am sure the wedding ceremony will only be the better because he is playing. :) I heart my big bro. Anyway, that was Tuesday.
Wednesday my madre and I went to the MOVIES!!!! So, my doccas tell me that I can go out and do things like going to the movies and such, even though my immune system is pretty much non-existent. They just reccomend that I go to a matinee, which is cheaper anyway so no problem here. Nah, they just want to make sure I'm not around huge crowds of people. Too many bugs a-floatin. So, we went to a 12:30 matinee of "The Help". FANTASTIC!!! Seriously. I recommend this movie whole-heartedly. Such a good flick and such a fun little outing with the momsy. :) But then of course, I had to go home and rest from sitting in a chair for a little over 2 hours. :/ Yes, I needed to lie down. :) I'm such a weakling.
Moving on to Thursday. Clinic day. I went for my usual morning blood draw then met with the doctors to discuss my craziness. :) Nah, things with my recovery from transplant are still going really really well, it's just the weirdness with my stomach and pain and such that we had to figure out. It is really difficult to explain a "weird" feeling in your belly to your doctor. I'm not sure that it was ever really defined, but we decided I needed a new pain reliever for my SHPLEEN and leg. Yes, my shpleen still hurts. I've been told that will take a good year to rectify. Just due to the fact that my bone marrow will take time to recover fully and start making my blood cells again, so my shpleen is still taking up the slack and will for a while. :) Fun times. I'm almost used to that feeling. :/ So, after meeting with the doctors, we quickly chatted with my nutricionist and decided things were still going well with food and such as well and thus ended the clinic visits. And thus also pretty much ended Thursday. We went home and chilled. Again, I needed to recover from all the action! :/ Nah, I have just been Uber tired lately.
And we come to today. Today I woke up feeling like blah blah..... So, I have planted myself on the couch and rested pretty much all day. My mom left for a bit and did some running around so don't think that just because I'm not feeling hot, I trap my mother here... Nope... I think most of the time she is just dandy fine hanging out and not doing a whole lot, but there are times when everyone just needs to go out. I DID walk up and down the stairs once. That felt good, but other that I have just chilled. So, hopefully tomorrow I will feel much better. We are going to Tacoma to hang with my sister's family. YES!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Me too! So glad "The Help" is good. I just read the book and can't wait to see the movie! Listened to Harry Connick Jr. the other day and thought about you... 'member that time we sat on Drew apt steps and sang our guts out?! You got pipes Girly!

    ReplyDelete