Friday 5 August 2011

My Legs Hurt!!

Sorry for the lack of blab yesterday, but can I just say that I really really felt like HUD yesterday. Oh wow. Yesterday was one of the worst days so far. Please bless that there isn't a repeat. TO be candid, I was throwing up and using the "Lu" on a round the clock pattern. No joke. I was HORRIBLE. And to top that all off, I had to go to clinic feeling like that they so they all started getting nervous about it being GVHD. When my wise mother and I were pretty sure that it was just the new Magnesium supplement that I had started on Tuesday. That was because, starting Tuesday morning after I took my first pill form of Magnesium it was all downhill from there. Felt a little punk on Tues., more Punky on Wed. and then well yesterday was the culmination of the joy of magnesium. So, no more Magnesium pills, unfortunately, I was put back on IV Hydration. So, again, 4 hours a day I get to be hooked up to some lovely hydration with Magnesium. It's ok though. If I need it to make me feel better, then I will take it.
Today has been like a whole new world. Wow...... I woke up already feeling a bit better and hungry (which is a good sign) so, today went like any other day when I feel well. We hung out at the apartment for a bit, took the trash out, ate breakfast and lunch, etc... Then.... off we went on an adventure.
We went on a very fun and enjoyable walking tour of the International Section of Seattle. There were some really neat things all within a couple blocks from each other.

I loved this large gate. So ornate and beautiful. If only the care would have moved. :)

This is a snow lantern. Pretty huh? It might be a bit prettier without some of the graffiti on it, but hey, My mom and I thought it was neat. :)
This picture and the next........

are really neat hotel balconies that were built way back then. Such neat architecture. We were impressed. :) Anyway, so we wandered through this wonderful historic neighborhood. It was very good exercise and very fun.
Then, to top the fun off, right by where we parked, fate sent us a Greek Restaurant. Hallelujah. So, I convinced my mother that we needed to just pick up a couple Gyros on our way home. She had a chicken Shawarma. This being the first time my mother tries Greek food, I was a little nervous for her to like it. Guess what... She totally did. Whew. :) My Gyro was delectable. I'm so glad that my tastes buds are coming back strong.
So, now we are home, recovering from the Greek food and the amount of walking. I am SO glad that I felt so good today and that things look like they will continue going well. Hope all is well with all of you. Please let me know how you are all doing. email me at lifefordani@gmail.com OR dani.transplant@gmail.com
Luvs!

2 comments:

  1. For the record.....I don't think you are horrible.....but I am sorry you feel horrible. :) I am missing you tons and wish I was in Seattle right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the first and only time I had greek food was with you! Thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete