Sunday 28 August 2011

Another quiet and peaceful Sunday. :)

Yup, today was quite nice. Slept in a bit, went to church (which was wonderful), took a nap (after, for those of you who may be thinking during), read some of my book, now we are watching Masterpiece Mystery. That's what I call a very productive day. :)
After Friday I needed a couple days break. Although Friday was great fun and very enlightening, it wore me out crazy like. My mumsy and I decided it was high time that we went to the Seattle Art Museum. High time. So, off we went. Thanks to complimentary passes for patients and caregivers from SCCA, no charge, no problemo. Can I just confess one thing about myself that most of you may not know? I could spend a day wandering through art museums. No really. I am so slow in art museums that I normally have to go alone to spare anyone else. :) I'm that person that will find a painting I like and sit down in front of it and look at it forever until I have every inch memorized given the chance. Due to the fact that about three hours into our art viewing pleasure my legs started to kill, we kinda sped through the last few rooms and moved on. 
We took a quick trip down to the parking garage for some munchies we had in our cooler and some mucho needed leg rest. We hung out for a bit snacking and reveling over the art museum, but even though both of us had aching bones in our legs, there was a little shop that my madre wanted to go to about 5 blocks from the museum. Down on the waterfront. So, down to the waterfront we went. It was actually quite a nice day, in the shade. We just wandered on down to the shop, bought some fun stuff for family members and decided it was high time for some ice cream. High time! So, a huge scoop of Butter Pecan for mom and Huckleberry for me and we were set. Then up a couple hills back to the museum where we had parked.Then home we went to crash and relax. It was a great great day. Oh, and I forgot to give you one of my mother's confessions about art. She is VERY talented. I have been asking her for a painting for years, but no....... silly mother of mine. 
Anyhooooo. :) So, then yesterday, my legs pretty much needed to recover. I hung about the apartment and wrote cards and such. My mom did get out and go grocery shopping for a bit, but I didn't tag along. It was the beginning of a long, quiet weekend. Lovely. Lovely.
As for my health, all seems to be well. No relapses since Tuesday. I often think of how lucky I am on my recovery. I really have had it easy. I don't have any BC pills yet, and we will have to wait and see on that. I'm sure that adding a new medication will put a fun spin on my health for a minute, but hopefully it won't be too bad. With that, I am on the path of slowly reducing all of my other medications. It's great to hear that within a couple weeks or so I will be down a couple pills and then a couple weeks past that, possibly on the way home. If I were on a mission, my companions would all call me trunky. Eager to be home with my babies. Eager to find a place to live and start again.
Oh, and to finish it all out tonight. I think that my hair is growing back. I have peach fuzz where there used to be total bald. Wahooooooooooo!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Was thinking about you today and so glad to hear that everything is going so well. You're such an inspiration and your positive attitude and sense of humor are amazing. Keep the posts coming :)

    ReplyDelete