Sunday 14 August 2011

Day 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe it? In theory, I am halfway through this thing!!!! Crazy great! Truth is, each day seems really long, but then after a week I'm stunned to realize a week has gone by. Now I'm stunned to realize that it has been 50 days since my transplant. That's really hard for me to imagine. Anyway. The past 5 days have been full of ups and downs and all arounds. Some days I have really struggled and thought that this will never end and I will never feel normal again. But then, there were MORE days where the sun was shining and I was feeling at least well enough to feel like a human being and get up and do things. I have to say that through these roller coaster of days and nights, my mom has been the most patient and caring person possible. I couldn't ask for a better caregiver. Nope. :)
The first large portion of today turned out to be one of those rougher times. Again blaming the morphine withdrawals. I think that we have just come to the decision that eventually I'm gonna have to go through some yuck to get really past this. Well, we are down to two half tablets a day. We are gonna just try to stretch the time in between doses until I only need one a day, then we'll go from there. This may take longer than expected. Just one more adventure eh? :)
Well, K left this morning. I felt bad that she had to witness a not so healthy Dani. Ya know I try to hide the fact that I'm a recovering transplant patient when I have guests... duh, that doesn't work so well. :/ After we dropped her off at the airport we went to church, but I was only able to stay for a short while. New thing today, My kidneys are killing me. We are blaming this on dehydration, so more water more water. My mom's favorite thing to say lately is "drink more!." So, while I am still on IV Hydration, I still have to drink heaps of water and Gatorade to keep my kidneys happy.
So, there is the update for the 50th day. 50 more to go, hopefully, and I will be homeward bound to Boise. Let's just hope that I can find a place to live quickly thereafter near my job with a fenced yard for my dawg. If anyone knows of anything that may be available come Novemberish, lemme know. :) I hope all of you are doing well and that no one has painful kidneys. :) I'm sorry if you do. Love you all and I will write again in a couple days. :)
The End.

1 comment:

  1. I have missed your blabs. I thought I just checked and...woah!...there are 3! Sorry that this week has been rough. You are still much loved and if K is the K I know, then I heart her too. ;) Ps, when I come, a boat ride may be on the agenda?!??! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete