Thursday 1 September 2011

The adventures of my week.....

This has been a good week. NO really..... Even with the ups and downs, all in all it has been a good week. Started out with a fun Monday evening spent at my bro. B's house having dinner and watching the 25th Anniversary Concert Performance of Les Mis. Um, amazing. Yes, it was so great! At B's house they have the nicest theatre room setup. Huge screen, surround sound, etc... The perfect place to watch this amazing show. It was very sweet of B&B to have us over for such yummy food and fun. It was definitely a late night, didn't get home till after midnight, but it was worth it.
Worth it, but it totally threw off my Tuesday schedule causing me to not feel so hot all day. I felt OK, but not rearing to go and do stuff. I have found that I really have to keep a strict schedule when it comes to getting up, taking my pills, eating, etc. When I sleep in it throws it all off and my stomach just doesn't handle that well. I swear. When it comes to my stomach I am one of the most sensitive people in the world. My doctors totally agree as well. Any tiny little change in my meds or schedule and I am nauseated and such all the time. Lame. I sure hope this is something that will simmer down soon enough.
Speaking of changes in meds. So, they tested my blood for estrogen levels and such and it's official. At the age of 32, I am in menopause. Ridiculous. :/ I've always felt that I have matured quicker than my peers. Ha ha.. jk. :) So, lovely hot flashes are here to stay for a while. My OB doctor here did recommend BC Pills as mentioned in previous blogs and I took them for two days. Guess how I reacted to that? Yup, I was nauseated. As my mother put it, "it was very much like morning sickness". Yup, from the moment I got up I felt sick until around 3ish in the afternoon, they I felt ok. It put quite the damper on the past couple days. However, the decision has been made to stop the BC Pills for a couple reasons. There are a lot of risks with taking BC and the only things they WOULD be doing for me are treating my symptoms of hot flashes and having a cycle every month. (I won't miss that). So, since these BC pills, as far as we understand, will not help heal or restore anything that I have lost, we don't see the benefits. I would much rather have hot flashes every now and again than be nauseated for half the day every day. Anyhoooo... lots of info, but just keeping you all up to date.
So, Monday was awesome, Tuesday and Wednesday and this morning were on the not-so-awesome side of things. We are hoping that things will start looking up again tomorrow morning. Now, on to cool news of the day...... We were informed today, that IF everything continues to go well and nothing serious comes up, I could be discharged around the 28th-30th of this month. WHAT? Awesome! That is so stinkin soon I can't even fathom it. So, that's fun news huh? Yup. A few days earlier than expected. One thing, we have accumulated SO much stuff it is going to be a trick to get it all home. :) But we shall prevail. Well, that's all the news I have today. Hopefully next time I write I will be able to report no nausea. Wouldn't that be a miracle? Um, yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment