Friday 9 September 2011

I bought my plane ticket home!!!!!!

Yup, I sure did. I get to fly home the morning of September 30th. Woot! Now, before I face a pile of ridicule about me flying home and my mother having to drive by herself the way long trip home, it was kinda her idea. We discussed it and I still just get SO worn out riding in the car, even for short 45 minute to 1 hour trips, so I'm flying. I feel bad that she will be alone, but she seems ok with it, so what to do eh? So, yah, I will be home soon. I am so thrilled!!! I seriously have missed Boise. Well, I will be living in Idaho City with the parental units until I can find a suitable apartment in Boise, but I have missed both places. I commented to my moms today that I am excited for tap water in Boise. The tap water here tastes funny. I know, random, but true! So, there's some good news. 
Other news? My sister and her family are in town this weekend. I am thrilled I get to see them a bit. They are staying at my sister's house in Tacoma, but I get to see them tomorrow and Sunday. It seems weird to not have seen them for this many a month since I lived with them before I came here, so it will be really pleasant to see them. Then next weekend I get to see my dad, brother and nephew that I haven't seen forever. The three of them are coming up for a conference in Portland for work and they will be coming up to my sister's house in Tacoma next Sunday. THEN, my good friend H will be here for like 5 days!!!! We have some fun things planned! Wow, crazy busy with people, but it will be a good way to go out of Seattle. All these people are mixed in with a pile of appointments at the clinic as my "going home" appointments. They start next week. I will have two weeks of full days of all kinds of appointments to make sure I really am good to go home. Similar appointments to my first two weeks here in Seattle what seems forever ago. So, it's gonna be crazy, but it will make the time FLY!
Now, for today. My momsy and I went to the Pacific Science Center. It was uber fun, but I have a confession. It is official, Dani is afraid of butterflies. No, I'm not joking. (chagrin) In this science center there is a butterfly house. You enter into this amazing jungle-fied room where the butterflies just fly around free like and live there short lives in a beautiful place. Now, of course you are not allowed to chase them or grab at them and such, but they have no problem landing on people and zooming right by your head and such. To be 100% honest, I slightly spazzed out everytime I thought one was getting too close. No really. I'm afraid of butterflies. Wow. I've always been told I was special, but really, this is just ridiculous. It did remind me of something though. Please watch attached video. Brian Regan is the best. 
Anyhoo, we also watched a galaxy show in the planetarium and played with some of the science experiments. It was a fun outing. It was a good day. Yup. So, coming home soon, excited for tap water, afraid of butterflies. That's about it. :) Luvs.
 

1 comment:

  1. There were several things that made me very happy about this blog. 1. You are going home! So happy for ya.....you trunky patient you. 2. You went to a butterfly pavilion! I didn't know you were afraid of butterflies. I would ridicule, but....well I probably still will.....one of the young women in my ward is afraid too. Hmm, go figure there are 2 of you. ;) 3. You posted Brian Reagan!!!! How much do I love that? Yes. One of the many reasons that makes us friends. :) Love and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete