Tuesday 20 September 2011

Well, wow, I am a huge slacker..... yup.

I know I know, it's been a long time since I have written. I apologize. Really. I guess I could give numerous excuses, but I won't. I will just leave it at the fact that I didn't blog. Sorry.
OK, now, on to the news. Wow, since it's been forever, there is a plethora of things to write about so I hope I cover it all. :
In the area of fun stuff and such, it's been great! My moms and I went to Whidbey Island on Saturday. What a beautiful place!! :) It was a wonderful cool day with a little breeze. Perfect. We went to the cutest farmers market, stopped at a quaint used store, walked through a beautifully serene garden and explored a lighthouse. Speaking of the lighthouse, besides being afraid of butterflies, I'm also afraid of ladders. Now, I've know this for a long time, but as we were walking up the stairs of the lighthouse all of a sudden, yup, they turn into a ladder. Of course, I can see that they are wrought iron and VERY sturdy, but I still freak out a bit and take seven years climbing up it. Down was even more comical, but hey, I did it and I was glad. The view from the top was beautiful. It was a short lighthouse, but still had a wonderful view. :) After all the sightseeing and some lunch on the island, we decided to drive back to Seattle over Deception Pass rather than go back to the Ferry. It's a two-hour drive, but so worth it. Deception Pass alone was worth the drive.
Isn't that lovely? Yuppers. So, anyhoo, that was Saturday, it took all day. I was so tired. :) A good tired.
Sunday was lovely as well. My father and brother J2 are in Vancouver for a conference this week and they came up on Sunday to Tacoma to my sister's house so we had a family gathering. I love my family. :) In regards to my family, going home will be a bittersweet thing. I'm excited to be home and see the family that I left behind in Boise, but it has been nice to be so close to B & M here and their families. It is rare, usually that I get to see them under normal circumstances. Now, if only we could work out a way to go spend a while in Eastern Idaho with J2 and his fam. I would be happy happy for quite some time. There ARE, however, current plans for all to be in Boise for Thanksgiving and that makes me joyful. 
OK, on to medical news. I found out on Monday for sure that I don't have to go home on hydration. Which means that I don't have to go home with my Hickman Line in place. I'm very pleased with this news. :) There has been some question about this since I can't take Magnesium in pill form. One of my meds basically flushes all magnesium out of my body, and now that I am taking less of said pill, I have more Mag. With added efforts of eating Magnesium rich foods, my levels look good enough and the doc won't make me continue hydration and Magnesium at home. Yay. :) I am a little nervous about the removal of the Hickman Line, but we'll just have to wait and see how painful that really will be eh? :) Other than that, big news, I haven't had a bad day in like 10 days or so. RECORD! Seriously, this whole process I have maybe gone two or three days at a time feeling ok then have two or three horrible days. This past week or better has been bliss. Not to say that I am back to my previous self. Don't think I will be for years yet, but I'm SO much better than a month ago its astonishing! I actually look forward to getting up and having a day rather than dreading them and wondering what will go wrong next. :) That's pretty much all I have on the health front right now. Next week will be my departure meeting with all the results of the tests I have had and the most recent bone marrow biopsy. I will let you know what they say. :)
As for the rest of this week. H is gonna be here!!!!!!!!!! She will be flying up from SLC on Wed. and staying until Mon. night. SO thrilled!!! I heart her heaps. :) Oh, yes, let me not forget. I got to see A yesterday for a little while. He was up here for his jaw surgery and he looked great!! Apparently all went swimmingly and he is recovering and healing quickly. He looks great and I can't wait to see him once ALL the swelling goes down. It will be wonderful! :) I'm so excited for him that he was finally able to get this surgery done. I know he's happy. So that was a fun treat yesterday. :) I heart A as well. :)
OK, even though it's been a while and I'm sure I missed things. I am so done for the day. I hope all of you are well and I hope to see you all soon!!!! 10 DAYS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment