Friday 8 April 2011

The Search is On.........

Every time I look at the title of this blog I think of the fab Glenn Frey song "The Heat is On"... and now, that will be stuck in your heads ALL day. You're welcome. :)
Anyhooooooo. So, yes, this week I sent in all the documents that they need to start the unrelated donor search. There's a bazillion people on the donor list, but as you ALL know, I'm kinda unique. So, we'll just have to cross our toes and wait. Yay for waiting. 
I have had a few people ask me how to get tested to be a donor. Now, keep in mind that you can't go in and say, Hey, I'm wanting to be tested for sody and so.......(that's me). But, you CAN go online to www.marrow.org. and join the "club". Unfortunately no t-shirts. But, if you are MY donor, I'm SO making you a shirt. :) So, thanks to all of you who have already gone and requested kits. You guys are fanulous. Don't feel like you HAVE to, seriously, this can be a big choice, cause there are more people than me looking for donors, so there's a chance you may match someone else. :) I just wanted to put that info out there for those of you who wanted it.
In the meantime, my two oncologists are still looking to see if there is a type of medicinal therapy that can help with my SHPLEEN and it's antics.  :/ It's been getting more and more restless lately. Shilly Shpleen. There were a couple drugs that they thought MIGHT work, but after a couple days of mulling and chatting with each other, they decided that the goods of those two medications didn't outweigh the bad, so they were going to pass on making me deal with that. Sweet doccas, always following their guts to fix mine. Fantastic. So, no new drugs for the time being. I AM hoping that they are able to find something to pass the time with because the meds I'm on now aren't really cutting it anymore. My Shpleen is definitely winning that arm wrestling match.hmmm.....
Hey, Speaking of Fantastic. (yes, I DID say the word above). Knock 'em Dead Dinner Theatre on ParkCenter is currently running one of my VERY favorite shows in the whole world. The Fantasticks! And it just so happens that one of my very people on the whole world is one of the players.....:) wink wink... you know who you are. I have had the utmost pleasure in watching this "fantastick" show twice. You have to know, I don't see a show twice lightly. I must really like it. Besides the fact that my "sister" is such an adorable gal in this show, the whole cast does a fantastic job pulling you in to a zany world where ANYTHING is possible. :) I whole-heartedly recommend that everyone see this. They are only showing this weekend and next, so no lazy! (wow, did I just sound like a cheap newspaper reviewer or WHAT!) :)
I'm going to try to blog a little more often now, I may not have tons of MEDICAL things happening, but I sure do have some funny things that so need to be put out into cyberspace. :) Love you all. Please take care of yourselves and eat all the Oatmeal Chocolate/Butterscotch Chip Cookies you can and send some to me. :) They are my favorite. :) Luvs, PHO, Dani

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dani! I had a curiosity Q for you? Why don't they take your spleen out?

    -Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you and your hard working SHPLEEN!

    ReplyDelete