Wednesday 30 March 2011

It's official, I'm adopted......

My sister's theory of me being found under a shrub as a baby is looking more and more plausible. :) Turns out, that my other two siblings that we tested for a potential donor match..... were both non-matches. Four siblings, mo matchy. Ah well.... I would have had to be nice to whomever was my donor for the rest of my life. I'm not sure I could have stuck to that creed with a sibling. :) jk.
So, from here forward, guess what? More waiting... YES! It's my favorite. If I'm needing to learn one thing from this experience, I betcha its patience... and wow, I am SO not learning it yet. :) They will be starting the search for a donor through the National Donor Database in the next couple days and we will see what we can see... They say at minimum it will be 6-8 weeks. Which is actually better than the 5-6 MONTHS that I had originally been told. Not to say that it WON'T be 5-6 months, still, but the possibility of sooner is oh so heartening.:) So, like I said, more waiting.
While I'm waiting, however, my doctors and I have discussed the possibility of other treatment options. The one that is both most appealing and most probable, is a drug trial out of SCCA in Seattle. Unknown still as to whether I would have to be IN Seattle to be in this trial or if we could have it administered and monitored here at MSTI in Boise. ~shrug~ Guess I'll find that out soon enough. :/
One more note.... I have been asked a lot lately about my emotions. I can't form any of my emotions into one word or even a couple word phrase. I don't think I could really even articulate them very well without assistance from outside sources. So, ONE outside source is an artist named Kerli. One of her songs that I love very much has the following chorus: " Life is my creation, is my best friend. Imagination is my defense. And I'll keep walking when skies are gray, whatever happens was meant that way." This may not make sense to everyone, but, to me, it expresses SOME of what I am feeling. Life is what we make it and how it was MEANT to be, even though sometimes thing get gray or difficult, meh, we use our imagination and faith, and it's still a great life. :)
I don't have any fears about this situation, only faith.
Love you all and thank you again for your continued support and friendship. I will let you know soon about the "meantime" treatment. :)
P.H.O., Dani

2 comments:

  1. Dani dear, thanks for keeping us "in the loop"! You are truly amazing and an inspiration! Love you lots!
    Connie~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that chorus. Wish I was up there to help with the imagination and distraction portion in your waiting phase. Love ya!!!

    ps, what does P.H.O. stand for?

    ReplyDelete