Monday 7 March 2011

Disqualified......

Yup, you guessed it. I got the call today. My siblings J and J were officially disqualified from the running of being my donor...... To be completely candid. I did sit at my desk and shed a few salties. It wasn't totally unexpected, but I was SO hoping that this process would be easy. Who was I trying to fool? :/ It's ok though. Henry Ellis once said, "All the art of living, lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on." I think that I will become proficient at letting go and holding on at the same time.
I think my sister J was slightly relieved... and my brother J was a little disappointed. Silly people. I bet secretly they are both saying... whew, I knew that I couldn't be anything like HER.... eek. :) No, just kidding. They are both such lovely people and would have been more than willing to give me their marrow, but as of now, no need from them. :)
So, progressing forward. J and M will get their turn to see if they are like me now. I think that my sister M is silently (as opposed to loudly) crossing her fingers that she won't be the match. She is pregnant and wouldn't be able to donate till late fall at the earliest. I don't think she wants me to have to wait that long. I personally would be honored to have her bone marrow.. not sure one has anything to do with the other, but maybe, just maybe... If I get M's marrow I WILL be able to have my own children post transplant :) She's got 7.5 so that gives me a good chance eh? :) hee hee... maybe not, but I can "silently" cross my fingers too can't I? :)
Anyhoooooooo..... on other notes... There has been an OVERWHELMING response to my so-called need and the gifts that have been given have been such a HUGE relief already. :) We are not as concerned about covering my insurance premiums while I am not working, or figuring out how to pay for suitable living conditions in Seattle.. All of you have helped SO much! I owe you all so much in return and that is such a hard thing for me.. there's not a really great way to say thank you for giving. I couldn't ask for a better group of people with which to be surrounded. So, thanks again. :)
So, moving forward with the testing... Dealing with the ups and downs of every day. Literally, I have NO clue how I will feel until I wake up.. Every single day is a new batch of surprises. I am still working full-time... TAX SEASON!!! eek, busy, but it's also nice to be occupied all day long. I feel blessed that I still have that for now. :) Until I hear about these next two siblings and their results, we will continue on the medicine regime that I am on currently. I DID have to reduce my chemo drug a bit, it was making my blood freak out. :) of course... :) But other than that... I am doing alright. yay me. :) Next week is my excursion to Seattle for some fun family time and a wedding! WOOT! I can't wait! Some apartment hunting and maybe a meeting with the docs.. who knows... but most of all, hanging with my family whom I love more than ANYTHING. I have to tell you, I pretty much have the coolest family EVER and I don't think anyone could change my mind about that:) K, I'm out.. I need to go eat my chicken pot pie.. YUMMMMMM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment