Friday 11 November 2011

Well, things are peachy with a few bruises......

So, I've been home for a little over a month and I thought that things were going relatively well.  I haven't been feeling AS sick as I did in Seattle. At least not everyday. There have been tough days, more than I expected, but all in all things (I thought) were going just dandylicious. I scheduled my return to work, even if it is just a couple hours a day. I haven't been able to find a place to live in Boise as of yet, but hey, I just haven't found the right place eh? That is what happens when you have a big dog that needs a fenced yard. Makes things a bit more difficult. Especially when you are on disability and a tight budget. Anyhoooo, even though there have been some rough things and tough days, I was thinking things were looking up. I had even scheduled an appointment to audition for a musical. Well, yesterday, I had to make a few different choices.
It's been a few days that I have NOT been feeling well. I've been ridiculously exhausted, to say the least a little grouchy, nauseated, either starving or so sick of food I can't stand it. My mouth has been sore and my tongue felt like someone has taken a cheese grater to it, my back had a slight redness to it, but was itchy as all get out. To say the least it was some sarcastic good times. :) So, even though I already had an appointment scheduled with my Oncologist for today, I called them on Tuesday to let them know all this fun that was happening and they had me come in yesterday. Blood draw and then chat followed by a great fun surprise. :) 
Well, the blood draw came back as expected. My liver is not cooperating properly, my white blood cell count is falling and all in all things are not looking as good as they did a month or so ago. So, with those lovely results and the additional issues I was having, the doctor said things weren't as wonderful as they had hoped. I mean, things are still going well. My transplant is still good to go and that is all fine, just the repercussions of it are starting to act up. :) So, a diagnosis of mild Graft Versus Host disease in my mouth and on my back brought on a new medication of the most FOUL tasting topical steroid mouthwash. I mean, who REALLY thinks THAT is what cherries taste like. I mean really. Four times a day of the nasty stuff. :) Then a diagnosis of dehydration brought on an IV in my hand connected to a big bag o' hydration. :) I can say that it was nice to just plug in to my audible book on my kindle, take advantage of the wonderment of a heated blanket and just lay back and get some saline put in my bloodstream. It's phenomenal the difference a bag o' water can make in how a person feels. I have another tentative appointment for more IV joy next week. :)
To say the least, I did not expect to be here at this point. I have had to have a reality check that I am weaker than I thought and that I really DO have to take my time in recovering. To say the least, no auditioning for musicals. :)
I am feeling alright today, drinking more fluids than any normal person should HAVE to, checking Craigslist every ten minutes to try to find a house and trying to decide how to go forward with all my plans and schemes without troubling my health. Anyway, that's the update for these days. :) I'm really doing alright, but there just seems to be more obstacles and hold ups than I expected. :) But it's all good. I know that there's a specific plan for me and it's gonna be so awesome I won't be able to handle it. :) Woot. I can't wait, but hey, I get to. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love you......slightly mad at you for not talking to me more, but I totally get why. I hope this phase of sickness doesn't last. And I hope living quarters turn up quickly!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete